ActiveState Stackato Integrates With HP Cloud Services
ActiveState® today announced that HP has entered into a licensing agreement with ActiveState for the OEM integration of ActiveState Stackato®, the enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), with HP Cloud Services, HP’s public cloud service. With this technology integration, the HP Application PaaS, powered by Stackato from ActiveState, will provide the PaaS engine for HP Cloud Services.
The Stackato integration provides:
* Agility: By reducing the time spent on IT configuration, Stackato will help HP Cloud users get applications to market faster. Developers can easily test in a production environment, self-serve, and get apps to the cloud in minutes, not weeks.
* Scalability: With built-in auto-scaling, Stackato supports the requirements of individual developers running smaller projects, while having the ability to easily scale to support the mission-critical needs of large enterprises.
* Freedom of choice: Stackato delivers freedom of choice and flexibility. Users can choose whichever data service, language, or web framework that works best for each application. For instance, enterprise developers can code in Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Node.JS, Java, and many other languages. IT Managers can deploy on LAMP, Java, .NET, or any other stack (and even leverage WebSockets).
* ROI: Stackato saves time and money. Enterprises can get cloud apps to market faster with Stackato’s innovative IT as a Service model that features automatic middleware configuration and scaling capabilities.
* Innovation: Stackato automates the configuration, deployment, and management of applications, freeing enterprise teams from managing infrastructure resources and middleware configuration, and enabling a fast and simple test bed environment for all innovative ideas.
* Security: Stackato’s innovative individual-wrapper security layer uses Linux containerization technology to envelop each application, and reduce hack-once-compromise-all risks.
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState’s cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState’s groundbreaking enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud.