ActiveState shares some of the lessons learned in using Python in the cloud on their way to creating Stackato – a cloud platform for creating a private PaaS. This guidance can be used for a range of web-based applications from a simple Django site to HPC GPU clusters.
These are the things they learned:
* Which Python packages are critical for a secure, Python-centric LAMP stack
* Building in isolated environments
* Creating portability between private and public clouds
* Migrating existing applications to the cloud
* How to create scalability of applications and users for cloud applications