Transition to Hybrid Cloud with Apprenda
Apprenda has announced Apprenda 5.0, the latest version of the company’s innovative enterprise PaaS solution. In addition to the deepest support for both .NET and Java applications, the release features a streamlined developer portal and enterprise policy enhancements including dynamic scaling, setting up enterprises for a smooth transition to running mission-critical applications in a hybrid cloud environment.
Apprenda 5.0 enables businesses to seamlessly manage resources from within an enterprise’s datacenter as well as from public cloud providers, easing the transition to a fully-optimized hybrid PaaS. The company offers the industry’s most sophisticated, enterprise-grade PaaS with full support for both .NET and Java, which accounts for 80 percent of enterprise workloads. Apprenda 5.0 delivers one platform and one experience for enterprise developers across both .NET and Java applications, resulting in a more fluid and comprehensive experience. Enterprise customers including JPMorgan Chase, McKesson, and AmerisourceBergen rely on Apprenda’s proven unified platform to run mission-critical applications and eliminate friction between developers and IT operations teams.
With this release, Apprenda has overhauled its user experience, offering new dynamic visualizations in a highly intuitive management portal. Apprenda 5.0 meets the needs of modern enterprises with a focus on policy enhancements and includes the industry’s first API for controlling dynamic scaling, allowing developers to automatically scale applications in response to user traffic and set constraints to ensure that compliance requirements are met. Apprenda recognized the tremendous need for this popular public cloud feature in the enterprise and created a simple interface for developers to achieve the benefits of dynamic scaling with maximum control.
Apprenda 5.0 features include:
* Bootstrapping policies: With enhanced bootstrapping policies, customers have the ability to dynamically load libraries or perform additional operations prior to component deployment based on policies.
* Native Oracle DB Support: Apprenda 5.0 supports Oracle as a first class database on the platform, including support for data level multi-tenancy.
* Enhanced Developer Logging: Apprenda 5.0 features a more sophisticated and simplified developer experience for troubleshooting applications including log export, better contextual search and threading.
* Archive Filtering: With this feature, developers have the ability to create regular expression match and replace rules as part of their archive upload.
* Enhanced Tenant Membership: This feature enables a user to belong to multiple tenants while allowing the platform to disambiguate authorization automatically.