Zenoss Simplifies Management of Microsoft Azure Cloud
Zenoss has announced new and updated ZenPacks for managing Microsoft Windows Azure and Microsoft Windows Server. The ZenPacks allow Zenoss Service Dynamics users to extend the management of their hybrid infrastructure to include these popular Microsoft environments.
Microsoft Corp.’s Windows Azure continues to gain momentum within the cloud computing movement. According to Bloomberg about 20 percent of companies deploying IT clouds use Azure and in 2013 deployments will surpass $1 billion in annual sales. For Zenoss customers, the new Windows Azure ZenPack gives IT Operations insight into the health of all critical services running on the Azure platform including service-asset relationships to expedite root cause analysis and shorten mean time to resolution.
Other key features of the Azure ZenPack include:
* Consolidated view of all available KPIs
* Automated discovery, monitoring and event management of Azure subscription entities such as hosted services, virtual machine instances, storage services, virtual networks, and websites.
Additionally, an updated Windows Server ZenPack is now available, simplifying Windows Server monitoring by consolidating and enhancing the capabilities of multiple ZenPacks. Through a single view, Zenoss customers can now manage the performance and availability of SQL Server, Exchange, IIS, Active Directory and Microsoft Cluster Services.
Other key features in today’s updated Windows Server ZenPack include:
* Automated discovery of various Windows Server attributes including file systems, interfaces, processes, and services.
* Generation of in-depth KPIs to provide detailed reports on the organization’s entire environment including Windows.
* Advanced monitoring capabilities for multi-instance SQL server deployments and Windows Cluster Services.